Monday, March 7, 2011

Normal Reading Log Questions

While I was reading today I could picture Lucius, the main character with no hands but hooks. Apparently he lost them in an explosion of his own making and blew both of his hands. He now has to have hooks on. This event reminds me of a friend, who also lost his hands and legs, and is now on a wheelchair. While I was reading today, I was able to visualize the part in the kitchen where the mum was making breakfast, the dad was hidden behind a newspaper and the sister, Misty was checking her self out in the mirror all the time and I choose this because it shows how ignorant everyone is towards Lucius. If I could jump into the story right now, I would take the role of Lucius dad and I would try to be more caring towards Lucius, more sympathetic and not so ignorant. I would try to talk to him and let him know that he could count on me and since am a male we should be a lot closer to each other. Something similar that I’ve done to what the characters experience in the book is feel guilty for something I’ve done and have other people making me feel worse about it and pointing it out all the time just to make me feel bad, and upset me but the truth is no one is perfect, everybody makes mistakes. I haven’t had any difficulty understanding or connecting with at the moment, the book is very straight forward. The plot is very realistic because the story is based on a true story. In the next section of my book I believe that Lucius will have a difficult time in school because of his hands and everyone will think that his very different therefore no one will talk to him and then his going to be very upset. I can connect my dad with Lucius dad because every morning they sit by the table or the sofa and read their newspaper without talking to anyone, just concentrating on their newspaper. I would want any of the characters to be my friends; they’re all very depressing and negative. Other books that I’ve read in the past have to do with kids who their families are very ignorant, causing the child to go through some kind of depression and effecting it in a bad way.




No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Doors Down

3 Doors Down

The 3 Doors Down is an American rock band, and was formed in 1996, by drummer vocalist Brad Arnold, guitarist Matt Roberts and bassist Todd Harrell. The three were friends who had grown up together, and shared a common interest in rock music. The band got its name when the three men were walking around the town, and they saw a building where some letters had fallen off, and it read as “Doors Down”. Since at the time they consisted of three people, they added the "3" to create "3 Doors Down." The band began playing around the city, where at some point, few years later, Todd Harrell asked guitarist Chris Henderson to join the band in order to make the sound more full.

They’re first album, "The Better Life" was released on February 2 , 2000, and went on to become the 11th best-selling album of that year, selling over 3 million copies. They’re second album, "Away from the Sun", Josh Freese was hired to record drums and was realised November 12, 2002 and got two platinum’s and one gold. They’re third album, "Seventeen Days" was realised February 8, 2005 and has since been certified platinum. And they’re fourth album, "3 Doors Down" was realised on May 20, 2008,selling 154,000 copies in its first week.

My favourite song is called “Here Without you” and I like it because I find it very emotional. I think that the video is really good. The song is basically, about being away from someone and missing them. And it's not about how long you've gone, it's about the loneliness that comes with missing someone. And last, I chose this band, because its my favourite one. I love all their songs because there’s always something about them that makes me like them so much. Its not really catchy, or anything but the lyrics are just amazing. And I just LOVE listening to this type of music, I just love it! This song was realises in 2003,from the album “Away from the Sun".