Sunday, December 19, 2010

READING LOG 2

While I was reading my book today, I pictured the main protagonist, Alice walking around in the streets, homeless begging for food and money, since she decided to run away from home. I could imagine her being so lonely, and unhappy, melancholic.

I can connect Alice’s mum with my mum, they’re both caring and love their children. They both get so worried if something happens to us, and if we ever need someone to talk to, we know that our mothers are the right people to have conversations with, about anything.

I didn’t have any problem connecting or understanding the story. Everything the author is trying to say is written in a clear, easy and understandable way. The words she uses are pretty simple and based on the paragraph you can easily understand it and there was no need to look it up in the dictionary.

My character is at a stage where she’s starting to realize who she really is, who her real friends are, starts experiencing new things, and I have to admit that I’m also going through a similar stage compare to Alice.


The plot is very realistic because it’s based on a true story.


The part that I’ve read today doesn’t really fit together with other books that I’ve read previously, because at the moment my character is taking drugs, and she’s constantly getting high. I don’t really read these kinds of books very often.


I think that in the next chapters Alice is going to get raped.


If I could jump into the story right now, I would try and help Alice out. I’d probably take her home to her family, and every time one of her “friends” offer her to go to a party ill make sure she never goes. Because that when she starts using drugs all over again.

While I was reading today, I was able to visualize Alice walking on the streets by herself. The author, also name as the anonymous was describing this scene with such detail and was making this seem so dramatic, it just hit me!!

This book does not remind me of my life at all. I think that its way to dramatic and scandalous. I find the whole idea about taking drugs extremely wrong this is why I can’t imagine myself ever being in this situation.

I wouldn’t want any character to be my friend; they’re all weird, apart from the mum, so I’d probably pick her. She’s the nicest one out of everybody, and the most caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Doors Down

3 Doors Down

The 3 Doors Down is an American rock band, and was formed in 1996, by drummer vocalist Brad Arnold, guitarist Matt Roberts and bassist Todd Harrell. The three were friends who had grown up together, and shared a common interest in rock music. The band got its name when the three men were walking around the town, and they saw a building where some letters had fallen off, and it read as “Doors Down”. Since at the time they consisted of three people, they added the "3" to create "3 Doors Down." The band began playing around the city, where at some point, few years later, Todd Harrell asked guitarist Chris Henderson to join the band in order to make the sound more full.

They’re first album, "The Better Life" was released on February 2 , 2000, and went on to become the 11th best-selling album of that year, selling over 3 million copies. They’re second album, "Away from the Sun", Josh Freese was hired to record drums and was realised November 12, 2002 and got two platinum’s and one gold. They’re third album, "Seventeen Days" was realised February 8, 2005 and has since been certified platinum. And they’re fourth album, "3 Doors Down" was realised on May 20, 2008,selling 154,000 copies in its first week.

My favourite song is called “Here Without you” and I like it because I find it very emotional. I think that the video is really good. The song is basically, about being away from someone and missing them. And it's not about how long you've gone, it's about the loneliness that comes with missing someone. And last, I chose this band, because its my favourite one. I love all their songs because there’s always something about them that makes me like them so much. Its not really catchy, or anything but the lyrics are just amazing. And I just LOVE listening to this type of music, I just love it! This song was realises in 2003,from the album “Away from the Sun".