Monday, May 9, 2011

Louis Sachar- Holes

While I was reading today I could picture the main character Stanley Yelnats in sitting a court room and the judge telling him, "You may go to jail, or you may go to Camp Green Lake." Stanley was from a poor family. He had never been to camp before so he thought it was a good idea to pick the Green Lake. I cannot connect with any characters yet because only three characters have been mentioned at the moment. No difficulties understanding things. I’ve been to camp before with some friends from school. The plot is very realistic. I would like to have Stanley Yelnats as a friend; even though he’s younger than me he seems to be a good boy, very innocent. I predict something bad is going to happen in the next chapter. If I could jump into the story right now, I would help Stanley therefore he wouldn’t have gotten into trouble and wouldn’t have to go through all of this, etc. court, jail, green lake. The part that I was able to visualize the best was when the book mentioned about how Stanley is a very fat kid. The camp reminds me of the time I went camping with my friends up in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Doors Down

3 Doors Down

The 3 Doors Down is an American rock band, and was formed in 1996, by drummer vocalist Brad Arnold, guitarist Matt Roberts and bassist Todd Harrell. The three were friends who had grown up together, and shared a common interest in rock music. The band got its name when the three men were walking around the town, and they saw a building where some letters had fallen off, and it read as “Doors Down”. Since at the time they consisted of three people, they added the "3" to create "3 Doors Down." The band began playing around the city, where at some point, few years later, Todd Harrell asked guitarist Chris Henderson to join the band in order to make the sound more full.

They’re first album, "The Better Life" was released on February 2 , 2000, and went on to become the 11th best-selling album of that year, selling over 3 million copies. They’re second album, "Away from the Sun", Josh Freese was hired to record drums and was realised November 12, 2002 and got two platinum’s and one gold. They’re third album, "Seventeen Days" was realised February 8, 2005 and has since been certified platinum. And they’re fourth album, "3 Doors Down" was realised on May 20, 2008,selling 154,000 copies in its first week.

My favourite song is called “Here Without you” and I like it because I find it very emotional. I think that the video is really good. The song is basically, about being away from someone and missing them. And it's not about how long you've gone, it's about the loneliness that comes with missing someone. And last, I chose this band, because its my favourite one. I love all their songs because there’s always something about them that makes me like them so much. Its not really catchy, or anything but the lyrics are just amazing. And I just LOVE listening to this type of music, I just love it! This song was realises in 2003,from the album “Away from the Sun".